Titan Press

• Buy a Copy of the Yearbook Now!

The Impact of Teachers

Celest+Herrera
Celest Herrera

Celest Herrera

Celest Herrera

Celest Herrera, Editor

As I prepare to leave high school, I begin to realize that the teachers that have crossed my path here at LC really had an impact on who I am as a person. They have shaped me into the person I am today and for that I will be forever grateful.

Ms. Sieck, right off the bat my junior year – we got along so easily. Then come to find out the following year you were going to be taking over the journalism department, ever since we have had such a great connection with each other, we laugh at each other’s jokes when no one else does and have the same ideas. Thank you for making me eager to show up to class.

Taking government my junior year introduced me to Mr. Drake. It amazed me how he has had a special nickname for everyone of his students and has remembered everyone. Mine is Celestial Being. Mr. Drake is the kind of person who will not give students the chance to slack off. If he notices a student always having their head down during class he will sit right by them and go over each question on the worksheet till they understand or get through it.

Ms. Crawley, thank you for checking to see if I have ate breakfast and yelling at me when I don’t. I know you only do it because you care and for that – I thank you.

Mrs. Lewis thank you for being the coolest Titan Time teacher ever. I am so lucky that I was put in your class for my four years being here.

Ms. Allard you always made Spanish so fun for everyone and encouraged everyone to take it. I am going to miss our Spanish Club fiestas.

Lastly, Carol Coats technically isn’t a teacher, but she has played an important role in my high school career. Carol not only are you like a second mother to me because you check in to see how I am doing in my classes but you are also always there when I need to get something off my chest or tell the new gossip I just heard in the hallway. Thank you for letting me come to you with my problems over the years and thank for always having the answer.

There are many other teaches who I wish I could mention in this short column but sadly, I will run out of space. Thank you guys for making my high school experience worth while.

For those of you who still have some time left here, be nice to your teachers and treat them with respect. They are only here to help you. Also, be nice to classmates, you never know what they might be going through. Be the change you wish to see in the world.

• OPINION

Cryptid Hunt

• OPINION

Top Ten Nebraska Haunts

• The Impact of Teachers

OPINION

The Hot New Podcast Everyone’s Talking About!

• OPINION

Cryptid Hunt

• The Impact of Teachers

OPINION

Raine and Kyle Review: Ponzu

• The Impact of Teachers

OPINION

Breakfast Club Review

• The Impact of Teachers

OPINION

ASTROWORLD: A Roller Coaster of Sounds

• The Impact of Teachers

OPINION

Raine & Kyle Review: Goldberg’s

• The Impact of Teachers

OPINION

What We’re Excited For

• The Impact of Teachers

OPINION

A Look Back