Titan Press

• Buy a Copy of the Yearbook Now!

A Look Back

Staff

Staff

Aria Young, Editor

Four years in the span of a lifetime is nothing, but looking back at the past four years, it seems like forever. It’s the time in our lives that we develop the most. It’s where we make friendships that will impact us forever. It’s full of memories, good and bad. The past four years have dragged on, but at the same time they have flown by faster than I ever thought they would.

Freshman year. It was an interesting time in my life as I adjusted to trying to find a new group of friends. I continued show choir after middle school. I joined “The Wire”, hiding in the corner because I joined the day that the current editor at that time was frustrated with people (a feeling that I can relate to sometimes.)

Sophomore year got better. Still trying to find where I belong, and also starting to figure some things out. I was photography editor of “The Wire” which was new because it was my first leadership role. I joined drama and did my first musical. I met one of my best friends in a Spanish class, and he made all the difference in the rest of my high school years.

Junior year went faster. I continued moving up in leadership roles as design editor and stepped up to lead even more after one of our co-editors quit. I did the musical, “Once on This Island.” And I had to say goodbye to my favorite teacher as she retired.

And now, currently at the end of my senior year. So much has changed in me. I am a co-editor of “The Wire”. But now I am facing so many lasts. My last show choir performance, my last musical, my last bow on that stage where I have so many memories. But what’s hitting me now is my last newspaper issue. I spent the majority of high school in room 401, and too soon it will be my last time walking out of it.

So, as I finish my last column, I’m not quite sure that there are words to describe my experience here. I was given a place to belong and to lead in “The Wire.” It’s hard to imagine that it’s almost over, but everything comes to an end. So, goodbye to the best and worst years of my life as a high schooler.

About the Writer
Aria Young, Editor

Editor, Class of 2018

• OPINION

Cryptid Hunt

• OPINION

Top Ten Nebraska Haunts

• A Look Back

OPINION

The Hot New Podcast Everyone’s Talking About!

• OPINION

Cryptid Hunt

• A Look Back

OPINION

Raine and Kyle Review: Ponzu

• A Look Back

OPINION

Breakfast Club Review

• A Look Back

OPINION

ASTROWORLD: A Roller Coaster of Sounds

• A Look Back

OPINION

Raine & Kyle Review: Goldberg’s

• A Look Back

OPINION

What We’re Excited For

• A Look Back

OPINION

The Impact of Teachers